Nonprofit Finance Manager/Bookkeeper We’re searching for a part-time nonprofit financial wizard with an enthusiasm for promoting positive aging in RVA. This position is responsible for the management and oversight of all financial operations of The Shepherd’s Center of Richmond and works side-by-side with older adults. We are a small, informal, busy, interactive office that relies on teamwork to reach our goals.
Hours Part-time, flexible hours. Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 – 4:30. Possibility for some remote work. Approximately 20 – 25 hours per week. Growth potential for the right candidate. Benefits Two days paid vacation; paid holidays. A sense of pride and accomplishment in helping older adults in RVA thrive; satisfaction of working with an energetic, committed team and the gratification of giving back to your community. Pay $14 to $15 per hour, depending on experience Successful candidate will possess patience, compassion and a sense of humor. During the pandemic, TSCOR follows recommended CDC guidelines; vaccines and masking are encouraged. Position reports to the Executive Director.
The preferred candidate will:
- enjoy working with older adults and volunteers
- be organized and detail oriented
- work well independently
- have a strong working knowledge of non-profit financial management
- have expertise with QuickBooks Online (required)
- be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and DonorSnap or similar donor-based database
- bachelor’s degree preferred
- enter invoices and generate checks
- receive payments and send acknowledgement letters
- generate deposit reports, payroll and financial statements
- prepare budgets
- work with finance volunteers and serve as liaison to the finance committee
- serve as liaison to the travel committee, its activities and participants
- prepare reports, compile mailing lists, and generate data for various projects
- be knowledgeable about TSCOR’s programs and services; support our mission
- direct callers and visitors to the appropriate staff member
- assist in maintaining office equipment and supplies
- assist in planning functions; attend meetings as needed
- maintain both electronic and paper filing systems
- work with executive director, staff and volunteers on projects as they arise
To Apply Please send a letter introducing yourself to us and sharing what interests you about this position, along with a résumé and two personal references, to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
TSCOR. We are older adults, active, independent and engaged; we teach, learn, grow and give back to our community; we serve with respect and compassion; we value the bonds we form with each other; we seek to be welcoming, inclusive and diverse.