- Become a Member
- Give a Gift of Appreciated Stock
- Join the Legacy Society
- Other Ways to Support
- Connect VA Profile
- Annual Report
For 35 years, The Shepherd’s Center of Richmond has made a difference in the lives older adults in our community. We invite you to participate with us through your support. The Shepherd’s Center of Richmond is a 501(c)(3) corporation and your donation is 100% tax-deductible. We are a Better Business Bureau accredited charity.
Why Support TSCOR?
Our services and programs are provided entirely by volunteers. Drivers, who use their personal vehicles to provide seniors with free transportation to medical appointments and grocery stores, are not reimbursed. Our lifelong learning instructors, lecturers and lunch speakers are not paid. We receive no government or United Way funding. The operations of the center and the coordination of over 300 volunteers is managed by just two full-time and two part-time staff members. There is little cost beyond operating expenses. We rely on the support of individuals like you to continue the mission of TSCOR.
When you become a supporter:
- You provide seniors in our community with caring, compassionate and reliable transportation to medical appointments and grocery stores, free of charge.
- You provide resources for volunteers who give their time and talents to our lifelong learning programs.
- You promote healthy living through education and socialization.
- You alleviate the burden of loneliness and isolation.
- You believe that a person’s humanity, dignity and value do not decline with age.
“We are not only grateful for your support, we are dependent upon it.
Thank you for your belief in the importance of our work.”
– Julie Adams-Buchanan, executive director