TSCOR travels locally and long-distance with one-day tours and overnight trips planned by our travel committee volunteers. Travel is open to the general public and TSCOR members enjoy a discounted rate. (Members, invite your friends to come along!) We’ve been to Broadway and Wolf Trap, toured New Bern, NC, seen the Crooked Road in VA, and recently visited historical sites and trending eateries here in Richmond.
To travel with TSCOR:
- Confirm space is available: call 804-355-7282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register: You can register and pay online using a credit card. You can also register via mail by submitting a registration slip with check made payable to The Shepherd’s Center and mailing them to 3111 Northside Avenue, Suite 400, Richmond, VA 23228.
- Registration for each individual is required.
- If you are registering by mail, please submit a registration slip for each individual.
It’s been a long time since we’ve been together and TSCOR is pleased to offer a guided walking tour of historical sites in Shockoe Bottom. We’ll cover approximately twelve blocks – about 1.5 easy walking miles with no hills to climb. THIS TOUR IS SOLD OUT!!! Check back soon – we’re sure to have more events planned!
Join us and see Lumpkin’s Slave Jail: a slave-holding facility active from the 1830’s through the Civil War; City Plantation: home of the first court clerk; Mason’s Hall: the oldest Masonic home in the U.S. and continuously in use since 1787; The Old Stone House: the oldest building in Richmond is also a museum dedicated to Edgar Allen Poe; and the Kanawha Canal Walk: four centuries of Richmond’s history seen through monuments and exhibits.
As a special welcome back promotion, this tour is only $15 for both TSCOR members and non-members alike.
Walkers will meet at 10:00 am on the steps to the front entrance of Main Street Station. All COVID-19 precautions will be followed, including wearing face masks. In the event of inclement weather, the tour will be rescheduled. For questions and information, contact Mary Maiden, 804-272-8636.
Register by Tuesday, May 4.
- You can register and pay online here.
- To register by mail: click here to print a registration slip, make check payable to Shepherd’s Center of Richmond and mail your check and registration slip to: 3111 Northside Ave., #400, Richmond, VA, 23228. Please submit a registration slip for each individual.