TSCOR is comprised almost entirely of volunteers who work together to create our programs and services. Take a look at our volunteer opportunities and see what interests you.
Volunteer drivers provide free, roundtrip rides for clients to medical appointments and grocery stores.
Clients are seniors 60 and older. They are mobile and may have canes or walkers, but don’t use wheelchairs. They live independently, but for various reasons they no longer drive.
Driving is easy to do and easy to fit into your schedule; choose who, when and where you drive using our online scheduling system. Pick up a client from their home, drive them to their appointment, stay nearby until they are ready and then drive them home again. Providing this service is enjoyable for drivers and clients – you’re guaranteed to learn something new about your passenger and friendships are often forged. Take a virtual drive and see what it’s all about.
Concerned about driving during the pandemic? Read our safety protocols.
Share your passion for teaching with students of our lifelong learning programs. Open University and Lunch & Life are held in the fall, winter and spring. Teachers provide instruction for 1 hour classes, Lunch Speakers give 45 minute presentations with a short Q&A. Select a topic of your choosing. Complete this Call for Instructors form to get started. Someone from the education committee will reach out to you about the possibilities. See our Programs page for more info.
Be an on-site assistant at Open University and help with:
Front desk reception: welcome and direct students; accept payment and registration,
A/V assistant: set-up equipment and prepare media resources for instructors’ use; work with laptops, flash drives, connectors, projectors, screens, TVs, VCRs, and DVD players,
Hospitality: organize refreshments during the lunch hour.
Love to travel? Join the travel committee to help plan where we go and what we see. See our Travel page for more info.
Bring your professional skills and life experience to these committees:
- Client Services – guide and develop services for our clients
- Development – build donor relationships and create avenues for financial support
- Diversity – grow inclusive diversity within the center and the community we serve
- Education – coordinate the academic curriculum for our lifelong learning programs
- Finance – oversee the center’s budget and investment management
- Hospitality – contribute to the planning of our Annual Volunteer Celebration
- Membership – support membership recruitment, engagement and retention
- Public Relations – promote the programs and services of the center
- Speaker’s Bureau – increase community awareness of TSCOR’s mission
For more information contact:
Julie Adams-Buchanan, Executive Director